Treat your friends to three different fish pates.
Each of them are exceedingly rich and has completely unique taste.You can spread it on toasted bread or serve them in cups.
Fish pates are classic combo on all parties, and what I appreciate, easy to done.
SHRIMP PATE – very mild, sweet taste
COD PATE – medium light taste, because garlic
TUNA WALNUT PATE – distinctive taste
For Christmas time parties serve it on toasted bread, cut in different shapes.
1.SHRIMP PATE ( PASTETA OD KOZICA)
It is my favorite crab pate, in winter and summer as well.
With glass of white vine , it can not be mistake.
Where is a secret?
For the beginning you need 1/2kg fresh shrimps.
I usually get them fresh in the morning, after night fishing from my supplier.
HOW TO CLEAN SHRIMPS?
- Heat frying pan until is hot (without oil, just pan).Than spread shrimps and fry it for both
sides for a minute – two.
- Take it aside on glass plate for a minute.On this way you can easily peel it.
Peel of completely just half of the shrimps, from the rest just take away legs and leave
shell on the body.( it will be crispy and improve the taste of pate).
- Now you can do pate immediately or spread olive oil on shrimps and keep it in fridge for
- 1/2 kg fried and cleaned shrimps
- half or 1 lemon juice ( depends of lemon, check the taste)
- 1 clove garlic
- white pepper
- 1 tbsp butter with parsley and garlic ( to keep mixture together)
- Put all ingredients ( except few shrimps with shell) in food processor and mix it together until is creamy.
- In the only and add few shrimps with shel and mix it just a bit.
Finally pate will be a bit crispy.
2.CODFISH PATE ( PASTETA OD BAKALARA )
You can do it from dry codfish for the taste to be stronger and kind of fuller, but preparation will take some time. You have to soak fish in water for few days and change a water twice a day.
After that you have to cook it for an hour and clean it completely from all small bones.
Or you can make pate from codfish fillet, quite often when I am in rush I am doing it and it’s excellent as well.
- 2 codfish fillets
- 4-5 garlic clove
- 1/2 dcl olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- chopped parsley
- Cook fillets in stock fish, then clean it from the bones.
- When the fish is cold, put it in mixing bowl. Add garlic and little bit of olive oil, mix it with hand mixer, gradually adding the rest of olive oil and milk (amount of oil and milk depend of mixture density ).
- In the and add salt, paper, chopped parsley and stir it with a spoon.
It is not necessary to mix it in smooth pure, it is better that pate has texture.
Keep it in refrigerator .
3.TUNA WALNUT PATE ( TUNA ORAH PASTETA )
Whenever I am doing shrimp or fish pate I try not to add ingredients with stronger taste which can cover mild taste of shrimp/fish. However, with tuna pate I make an exception and I’m doing it with walnuts. Trust me – it goes perfectly hand in hand but it is not light pate as two others.
- 200g canned tuna fillet
- 100-150g ground nuts ( amount depends of you )
- 1 lemon, juice
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black paper
- pinch of salt
- 1tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Put all ingredients into mixing bowl, mix it with hand mixer .
Serve it on warm corn baguette .Glass of red wine goes nicely with the meal.
HINT: Those pates are best served the day after the are made, or at least after few hours, because the flavors need some time to reach its full potential and awesomeness 🙂