Quite often around 8pm, I just want to have a bite on something delicious that goes well with a glass of fine wine, that is somewhat healthy and low in calories so I can enjoy it guilt-free.
Is it possible to have all these characteristics in one snack?
Kale chips, of course!
Depending on the taste, you can easily combine it with Prosseco or red wine.
My dear friends Katarina and Igor make artisanal kale chips in their small workshop in Solin. They are both vegans, who chose this lifestyle for ethical, health as well as environmental reasons, to promote more humane and caring world.
They are active members of Society for Animal protection and they saved and then adopted 6 stray cats so far.
Katarina and Igor use kale from organic farming and it goes in 4 different tastes: onion, “cheese” and onion, spicy and choco-maca (chocolate-kitten)
So if you decide to make it by yourself, here comes the recipe.
Well, all you’ll need is a food dehydrator, some organic kale and a bit of free time.
Basic recipe – onion taste:
- 1/2 kg kale leaves
- onion flavored dressing:
- 1 1/2 cup of cashews
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/1/2 Himalayan salt
- 2 tbs not active nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 red sweet onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tbs dried chives
- 1/2 tbs dry yeast
- Wash kale leaves and remove the hard middle of leaf.Others cut into pieces.
- The rest of ingredients put in food processor and mix.
- Put the kale in a big bowl, cover it with dressing and stir with your hands thoroughly ( important for the taste and crunchy ).
- Then put the kale in dehydrator and dry it approx./ 8-10 hours on 45”C ( kale should be completely dry).
Once it is done you can keep it for long period in dry place (not in refrigerator).