It’s a dark, winter afternoon – high time for comfort food!!!!
Thinking about something yummy but not wanting to spend all afternoon in the kitchen?
This is an irresistible dessert for all chocaholics and chestnut lovers. Truffles are made with olive oil which emphasize the bittersweet taste of dark chocolate. They are perfect accompaniment to light chestnut mousse.
INGREDIENTS FOR MOUSSE: (4 persons0s)
- 2 dl whipping cream (35%fat content)
- 15 dg chestnut puree (you can buy it or do it yourself: Cook the chestnuts for 15min, then peel them and blend them in food processor while still warm)
- 1 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1-2 tbsp agave syrup ( depends of you)
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- In a well chilled bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form than add chestnut puree.
- Whip it shortly on low speed.
- Finally put inside mascarpone and agave syrup and stir gently with wooden spatula.
- Sprinkle it with cinnamon.
Keep it in the refrigerator.
INGREDIENTS FOR TRUFFLES:
- 10 dg dark chocolate (minimum 66%cocoa content)
- 50ml heavy cream ( fat content 35%)
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 dg chocolate chunks for decoration
- Combine the heavy cream, chocolate and olive oil in small sauce pan and heat on low heat until melted.
- Transfer to a shallow pan, cover it and put in refrigerator ‘till firm enough to scoop.
- Using teaspoon and fingers form small balls out of mixture. ( approximately 15 balls)
- Cover the entire surface of balls with chocolate chunks.
Serve the chestnut mouse in glass, truffle on top of it. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Together they’ll lead you to a state of calm ecstasy 🙂