RIZI BIZI (PEAS AND RICE)
It’s so fun to say. Rizi bizi!
This mild, light risotto always triggers the colours and smells of spring in my mind. In the spring, fresh green peas have the sweetest taste and we can even eat them fresh, without cooking.
Of course, you can prepare this dish any time of the year with frozen peas.
The taste of this exquisite risotto is brilliantly complemented with the sharp distinguished aroma of parmesan cheese. This meal originates from the time when Dalmatia was part of the Venetian Republic.
- 300g Canaroli rice
- 250g peas
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 300mL vegetable stock
- parmesan to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and butter. Add thinly sliced onion and fry until it softens.
- Add the rice and fry shortly, stirring constantly.
- Pour the vegetable stock in and, when it comes to a boil, add the peas.
- Lower the heat and cook for about 15 minutes.
- When the Rizi Bizi is done, add salt and pepper.
- Scatter parmesan flakes on top when serving.