Velvet cashew orange cream toped with dark chocolate layer, altogether “settle” on scent almonds – carob base, is my vision of heaven.
Light in texture but in the same time incredible reach in taste, loaded with nutrients.
This divine, imaginative comb of flavors for the first time I tried on birthday party of my friend Katarina. I immediately fell in love with that cake. Katarina is guru for vegan cuisine and she gave me this recipe from her large collection of raw food recipes.
How shall I describe my delight with this cake?
Easy to do and you do not have to heat up the oven.
- 1cup almonds (lightly toasted and grounded)
- 1/4 raisins (soak in a water for an hour)
- 1/4 cup of carob flour
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 5 hours until soft (in orange juice)
- 1 cup juice ( 3 orange and 1 lemon)
- 1/2 orange zest
- 1 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup cashew, soaked in water 5 hours until soft
- 1/2 hazelnuts ( lightly toasted and grounded)
- 1/2 almond milk (not sweetened)
- 3 tbs of raw chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 cup coconut butter, melted
- Prepare spring form (20cm) and spread baking paper on the bottom .
- In food processor (with metal blade) process raisins, than add almond and carob flour.
- Press mixture in springform.
- Process cashews into smooth cream
- Add juice, orange zest, melted coconut butter, vanilla sugar and mix again
- Spread the cream over crust
- Process cashews into smooth cream.
- Add hazelnuts, milk, mix again.
- Finally add chocolate powder, agave syrup and coconut butter and mix awhile in smooth cream.
- Spread it over orange cream.
Keep the cake in refrigerator!
How shall I describe my delight with this cake? Now, you know.