POJORSKI BRONZINIĆ = SQUID STEW WITH LENTILS AND BARLEY
Squids and legumes go together beautifully and with help of garlic and onion we’ll have a delicious meal.
Pojorski bronzinić originates from island Vis, I suppose it is influenced by Portuguese kitchen.
There are innumerable recipes for it, but I like this recipe with squid (somebody combine it with octopus as well).
Lentils and barley can be prepared in advanced and than place in refrigerator, and next day you can prepare squid stew and finish the dish.
Pojorski bronzinic has a wonderfully intensive and rich flavor that stands up all with fresh iceberg lettuce, corn bread and glass of red wine.
- 200g barley
- 300g lentils
- 1kg squids, clean it and cut into pieces
- 1 dl olive oil
- few table spoons salša ( tomato puree)
- 4 onions, choppe
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 2dl white wine
- Cook lentils with 1 onion and 3 garlic cloves. Also cook barley with 1 onion and 3 garlic cloves in separate pan. when it is cooked, put it aside.
- In meantime prepare big, deep pan. Put into it olive oil and heat it on law fire, than add garlic and stir it for few minutes until turn to golden color. Than add parsley .
- Finally add squids, tomato puree.
- Stir well, to combine all ingredients together evenly. Cover it and cook for next 10-15 minutes.
- Stir it occasionally add a wine and stir again.
- It is ready when squids are soft
- Add lentils and barley, stir it gently and salt it.