Sweet walnuts accompaniment with sharp taste of gorgonzola and all this accentuated with a dash of extra virgin olive oil – heaven for your taste buds!Green pasta, blue green striped cubes of gorgonzola, brown walnuts coated with extra virgin olive all together look incredible attractive and eye-pleasing.
Since the first time I prepared this meal for my friends last December for Christmas party it is regular on my kitchen table at least once a week.
This aromatic dish is actually easy to make.
It can be served warm and cold, end it gets even better the day after when all the flavors permeate each other and create harmonic combo of flavors.
INGREDIENTS: for 2 persons
- 20 dg green fusilli ( spinach, asparagus..)
- piece of gorgonzola ( approximate 8x8cm, chopped)
- 1/2 cup of walnut
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste (optionally)
- Cook fusilli in a salted boiling water until are “al dente” ( do not over cook it! ).
- I suggest to add gorgonzola in still warm pasta, so it can melt a bit.
- Than add walnuts and finally generously pour with olive oil and gently stir with wooden spatula.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.