Once you decide to make Pašticada, it is perfect time to learn how to make a gnocchi as well.
A taste of DIY gnocchi cannot be compared to those from the supermarket.
It is not a big deal ( although it may seem complicated ), you need just half an hour of spare time and:
INGREDIENTS: (for 6 persons )
- 1kg old potatoes ( should be old)
- 1 egg
- 50g fat or butter
- 700g – 1000g flour
- Cook potatoes with the crust ( do not peel it beforehand, it is much better for structure and taste of a gnocchi )
- When the potatoes are cooked, peel them while still warm( it is easier to make proper dough).
- Then put the potatoes in a mixing bowl and mix with hand mixer. Add an egg and fat, mix it a bit.
- Now you can use your hands and make a dough on a kitchen board.( extra tip: sprinkle it with flour beforehand ).
- Gradually add flour while you are forming a ball of dough.The dough should be smooth and even. It is ready when it is stops sticking to your hands. Divide it into 3-4 equal balls.
- Using your palms (floured) roll each piece of dough into roll thick 2-3cm and cut it with knife into piece 1cm long.
- If you want, press each gnocchi on the grater, in this case sauce of Pasticada will better permeated with gnocchi.
- Put a water in a big pan, add a pinch of salt.Cook gnocchi in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.They are cooked when they are floating on the water surface.
Spread cooked gnocchi into a pan and pour a bit with a sauce. That way you’ll avoid sticking.