You will be delighted with its extraordinary taste and irresistible looking.
I know exactly why I get in love for this cake: Chocolate and mascarpone go hand in hand just like cappuccino and ricotta cheese.
Ricotta and mascarpone refresh strong, rich dark chocolate flavor.
Enjoy it with family or friends in long winter nights.
With glass of Prosseco give in to the Christmas spirit!!
For preparation you’ll need not more than 20 minutes and 35 for baking a cake.
You can make cake and fill it with cappuccino/chocolate filling few days before you are going to eat/serve, taste improves over time.
- 200 g dark chocolate (70% cacao content )
- 175 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 125 g superfine sugar
- 25 g Vanilla sugar
- pinch of salt
- 125 g flower
- 1tsp baking powder
- 25 g cappuccino powder
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in Bagnomario (a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water).Stir until smooth and remove bowl from pan and cool the cream on room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs for 1 minute (on highest speed) until are foamy.Than slowly add a mixture of sugar and vanilla sugar and mix together for next 2 minutes.
- In a clean bowl mix together flower, backing powder and cappuccino powder and sift it over eggs and shortly mix for a minute.
- In the end carefully add melted butter and chocolate, stir it altogether.
- Put it in spring-form cake pan, 26cm ( baking paper inside) and bake it in preheat oven on 180*C, 30-35 min
When is ready, release the spring-form ring but leave the cake on the bottom part of the pan to cool.Than cut it on half.
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
- 12g cappuccino powder
- 150ml hot water
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cacao content)
- In a small pot mix hot water and cappuccino, than melt chocolate in it.
- Spread a cream over lower half of the cake and cower it with the upper.You can keep it few hours or over night in airtight container in the refrigerator or in a cool place.This will alter the texture of the cake.
On the day when you are going to serve it, few hours advance make a mascarpone-ricotta topping.
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING:
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 250g ricotta
- 70g sugar
- Mix mascarpone with sugar until are creamy and add ricotta and mix it altogether, shortly.
- Cover the cake on the top and around all sides with cream.
Keep it in the cool place for an hour or in refrigerator.
CHOCOLATE TO COAT:
- 200g chocolate ( 40-50% cacao content)
- 200g heavy cream ( milk fat content 35%)
- Heat the cream in a small pan.
- Take it off the heat and melt inside the chocolate, stirring constantly.
- Than leave it to cool on the room temperature.
- Finally pour it over the cake, not cover it completely, let the white cream be seen as well.
Look a photo.
Bon apetit !!!