Spring, green spring, finally.
Green market is loaded with wild asparagus, arugula, radish, swiss chard, peas, artichokes…
Let’s do something quick and easy! Immediately I thought of bruschetta.
Bruschette has become so popular in recent time, you can make it with almost everything: vegetables, fish, seafood, meat..combinations are endless.
Bruschette with wild asparagus, fried eggs,parsley and scallion are deliciously aromatic.
In mouthwatering asparagus with cheese bruschetta contrast between the mild ricotta and sharp wild asparagus is divine.
- few slices of bread
- 1-2 bunch of wild asparagus
- scallion, sliced
- parsley, chopped
- few basil leaf
- 1-2 eggs
- ricotta cheese (I personally prefer sheep rather than cow ricotta)
- Cut asparagus approximately 1,5cm and boil them just for 5 minute. Drain it well.
- In meantime prepare bread.
- The bread is best sliced 1cm thick and toasted in preheated oven 200’C for 5-10 min minutes. Personally I prefer using baguette.
- Beat eggs, salt and pepper in small bowl until blended. Heat olive oil in pan, pour in eggs mixture. Stir it for few minutes and in the only end add half of cooked asparagus, stir again for a minute. Put aside.
- Take bread out of oven, put it on plater. rub the bread with garlic and sprinkle with olive oil.
Now, you can use your infinite imagination:
1. Put on bread a bit of fried eggs with asparagus, sliced scallions, parsley or basil, or both, salted, peppered it
2.Combine ricotta with asparagus, scallions, parsley, basil…
3. you can sprinkle it with olive oil again.
Now, we have bruschette full of Mediterranean flavors.
You have to do it last minute in order for them to be warm and crispy, not flabby and cold.