Christmas is coming in few weeks and I have a lots of stuff on my to-do list.
I ‘m already i panicking a bit: will I have enough time?? Tough doubt considering my passion for food and cooking.
This white chocolate cake is incredibly sophisticated and looks amazing ones served.Meringue and almonds inside the cream give delicate undertone to white chocolate base.
It is not heavy cake at all, it is delicious way to end the dinner accompanied with a glass of champagne.
- 100 g all purpose flour
- 30 g sugar
- 75 g butter (softened on room temperature)
- 1 egg yolk
- To make the dough,sift the flour into the bowl.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix it with hand mixer on lowest speed for a minute, than on highest speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Take it out from bowl, and mix it with hands a little bit .
- Prepare spring pan, 22cm diameter, cover the bottom with baking paper.
- Use dough to line your pan. Prick it with fork.
- Back it on 200’C for 10 minutes.
- Lift the ring mold off carefully and leave the dough to cool.
II CHOCOLATE LAYER
Melt 100g dark chocolate (with 70%cacao) and spread it over dough.
III MERINGUE BALLS
- 1 egg white
- 50g sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix egg white with sugar until stiff peaks form. Than sift the cinnamon and mix a bit.
- Make small balls using a teaspoon.
- Bake it on 160’C for 3o min.
- Leave it aside to cool down.
- 100g white chocolate (thinly cut)
- 500g whipping cream
- 2 lemon zest
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g almond, thinly sliced and toasted
- In a well chilled bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form than add lemon zest and mix until thick.
- Add almonds, stir with a wooden spatula.
- Finally add chocolate, cinnamon and 6-8 meringue balls ( previously cut into 2 pieces).The rest of balls leave for decoration. Stir thoroughly.
Place dough on a large, round, serving plate and than put the ring mold around it.Pour the filling on to dough.
Let it chill down for about 5 hours in freezer.Take it out 15 min before serving It. Decorate it with remain meringue balls or white chocolate pralines.
To unfold the cake, dip a metal spatula ( or knife) in boiling water, dry it, then slide it around the inside edge of the springform cake pan.
HINT: Keep it in refrigerator!